Jabian Consulting’s Project Amplify grant program teamed up with Innovate Charlotte to fund and support the inaugural CO.STARTERS program for ten Charlotte-based start-up entrepreneurs. Innovate Charlotte is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to connect entrepreneurial initiatives, activities, and strategic relationships to cultivate a better ecosystem for the benefit of all Charlotteans.
The CO.STARTERS program is a recent addition to Innovate Charlotte’s offerings, providing a ground floor course for entrepreneurs that covers the core aspects of business needs to sustain an organization, especially in the early phases. Jabian donated $5,000 to fund the inaugural class’s tuition for this program to open the door to their success. The ten-week program closed on June 30, 2021, with a company “pitch” by each entrepreneur.
The CO.STARTERS program was chosen by Jabian because it aligns to Project Amplify’s goal of supporting minority and women entrepreneurs in our local communities. The inaugural class was made up of 56% women and 100% people of color.
Meet the CO.STARTER cohort participants:
- Leslie’s Laundry founded by Domonique Boone
- Allen & Denise’s Child Catering and Delivery Service founded by Isavier Guyton
- Jayla’s Heirlooms founded by Nicole Hawthorne
- ClipBoard founded by Kirk Ho
- Ebuynee Marketplace founded by Eric Pannell
- WhatSheTechs founded by Criseida Rico
- Aesthetics and Wellness by AO founded by Ashley Osborne
- C-Trax founded by Sean Trolliver
- Beyond Decadence founded by Maria Kemp
- World Lit Street Food Fest founded by Brandi Weaver
About Innovate Charlotte
Innovate Charlotte (InCLT) is a nonprofit organization with a mission to enhance, elevate, and accelerate entrepreneurial success in the greater Charlotte region. Our focus is on cultivating an intentionally inclusive and high-impact ecosystem that stimulates innovation, economic growth, and societal change. Innovate Charlotte seeks to serve as the ecosystem connector – a central hub from which diverse stakeholders’ efforts can be synchronized to maximize collective impact.