The client was a Fortune 500 global provider of risk management and insurance products and services technology with over 14,000 employees.
Jabian partnered with the Operations leadership team who were responsible for delivering end-to-end operations from client onboarding, processing functions for products, and customer and client care.
The company had launched a transformation effort by first bringing together operational units that served three lines of business under one organization. Jabian was engaged to design an operating model that continued to serve the needs of the business while generating efficiencies in common capabilities across the organization.
The transformation operations sought to:
- Establish ‘One Operation’ through shared capabilities to target a savings of $30M
- Enhance customer experience with innovative, self-service solutions
- Reduce manual processing and customer care interactions by 25%
- Optimize performance to reduce cost per service by 10%
- Attract, develop, and retain top talent with new opportunities for talent mobility and career development across capabilities
A Jabian team of business process and operating model experts led the effort, working with the client’s senior Operations Leaders and Business Transformation team to reorganize how capabilities were delivered and identify areas to generate cost savings in the transformed operation.
To design the future-state operating model, the team applied a data-driven approach:
- Documented business capability models to capture the core capabilities and process areas in each operation
- Mapped and aligned capabilities across each Line of Business into one consolidated current-state operating model to identify shared or similar capabilities
- Evaluated and scored capability across 8 dimensions to determine suitability to be shared across lines of business
- Facilitated visioning workshops with senior leaders to define a shared mission, goals, and performance targets
- Analyzed current spend to uncover quick win savings opportunities to fund the transformation including potential savings from consolidation, re-defining shipping processes, and rationalizing vendor contracts
- Designed the future-state Operating Model Blueprint, interaction scenarios, and defined critical roles that will enable the new model
- Developed a roadmap and change management plan and structured the Transformation Management Office to align leaders around project direction
As a result of our efforts, the client had a clear blueprint for how to bring together the operational capabilities for three lines of business into one operating unit.
- Defined goals
- Target performance metrics
- Transformation roadmap
- Transformation Office structure
We also uncovered $2M in targeted cost savings from quick win spend optimization.
These savings enabled the client to self-fund their Transformation journey and continue momentum toward consolidation of capabilities and achieving the target $30M in savings over three years.